A blog dedicated to making 2009 the Best Year Ever.

Recipe #16 - Corn Salsa

| Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So what do you do with 8 ears of roasted corn?  Make corn salsa, obviously.

When I think of corn salsa, I think of regular salsa with some corn in it.  This is not that.  There is not tomato in this salsa, which I have mixed feelings about.  It was kind of a nice change, but I like tomatoes so maybe next time I'll include them.  Then again, eating too many tomatoes makes your skin red, so maybe this recipe is saving me from an embarrassing skin condition.

It was a very simple recipe, taking off the kernels from the 8 cobs in the previous recipe and mixing them with cilantro, peppers, scallions, salt, pepper, and lime juice.  I let it sit for a while to let the tastes mix, which helped as always.

Luckily, I had that crazy corn removing tool that Gwen's mom bought me a few years ago to make removing the kernels from all that corn much faster.  It would've been pretty annoying otherwise.

Notes: Might be interesting to try without roasted corn.

Modifications: Next time I'll mix this with tomatoes to make it more of a traditional salsa, but with corn instead of corn being the main event.

Make again?: Yes, but with some changes and not going to be my go-to salsa recipe.

1 comments:

mOnKeY said...

The corn salsa was great! I don't know if tomatoes would taste too good in it though. Try it!

Post a Comment