A blog dedicated to making 2009 the Best Year Ever.

Recipe #44 - Baked Macaroni and Cheese

| Saturday, February 28, 2009
It's a very little known fact, but apparently Baked Macaroni and Cheese is impossible to photograph.  At least it's impossible for me because I took 6 pictures and they were all trash.  Sorry about that.

Luckily, the food was a bit better.  I cooked some macaroni about 90% of the way done, then set aside and cooled off with some water.  Next, I mixed milk, cheddar and parmesan cheeses, and some spices together.  I combined those, set them in a baking dish then topped with breadcrumbs and more cheese.  The end result was pretty good, but not as crazy decadent as you might think.  I think if that's what you're going for, you would want whole milk or maybe even heavy cream and quite a bit more cheese.

That said, I liked it, Gwen liked it, and even my niece and nephew liked it.  And if you can please 3 and 4 year olds with macaroni and cheese, obviously you're on the right track.

Modifications: Different cheeses, more cheese, whole milk

Make again?: Yes, but maybe a bit more splurging on the ingredients next time.

1 comments:

mOnKeY said...

Felipe made macaroni and cheese yesterday. It was really really yummy. I will post the recipe today or tomorrow. It was by no means healthy, but really good!

Post a Comment