A blog dedicated to making 2009 the Best Year Ever.

Recipe #48 - Roasted Red Peppers

| Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I've had roasted red peppers before, but I've never made them in the oven.  The few times I've done it involved a grill.  This time I did it in the broiler, to avoid those bitterly cold Florida winters.  

There's no rocket science to it, just turning on the broiler, waiting for it to get blackened, then turning.  It took about 20 minutes in total.  I then wrapped them in foil and let them cool off to make peeling easier.

It came out very good, no difference from the grilled version, and much easier to handle.  Putting them into a bag or piece of foil definitely helps peel them, and it's an important step.  I mainly used them as a component in another recipe, but I did try them out and they were solid.  They would've been great on salad as well.

Modifications: None

Make again?: Yep

0 comments:

Post a Comment