A blog dedicated to making 2009 the Best Year Ever.

Recipe #49 - Cranberry Relish with Orange and Ginger

| Tuesday, March 10, 2009
The notes for the recipe called it "quite tart, the equal of traditional cranberry sauce."  It wasn't exactly as I expected, and serving it on chicken was probably not the best way to test this one out.

The recipe called for a large navel orange, and I might've overdone it by getting one approximately the size of Saturn.  I zested it, cut the orange into segments, and mixed with 4 cups of cranberries and some sugar.  I pulsed it in the food processor, then added some ginger and more sugar.  

The orange taste was a little too dominating, in my opinion.  It could've gotten by with a lot less zest.  In general, this is a really promising recipe and I think it can be improved by adjusting the quantities of the ingredient.

Modifications: Significantly less orange and orange zest

Make again?: Yes, with modifications.  Would be better with turkey than chicken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment